Sunday, August 9, 2009

John Hughes, michael Jackson, The Beatles


Well one of the idols of my youth died the other day John Hughes. He was known for his direction of The Breakfast Club, Ferris Buellers Day Off, Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles.Recently, he directed those Home Alone and Beethoven movies which were Ok but not as good as his previous work.


Ot seems like everyday someone who I identified with in the past is well...past. I realize that as you get older people who are
famous that you identified with do get older and die however Gerogre Burns and Bob Hope lived to be 100 and Harry Morgan is 94 years old ( Col Potter on MASH) as far as I know he's in decent health and hopefully will also live to be 100.


However, There are the surprises I can recall when people didn't think for a minute that people such as John Candy, Chris Farley, and yes even Michael Jackson would die or even die suddenly. . I guess we shouldexpect people to pass away "suddenly" but it is always difficult to grasp this until it happens.

I guess one just has to keep in mind that everyday is fleeting and that there may not be too many more tomorrows.


Another note on the passing of time the Beatles album Abbey Road turned 40 today and it was at the forefront of music at its time. I think it was one of the first albums that used a synth instead of an organ or piano. I've heard that it was so delicate that the other members of the Beatles would have to wait for Paul to set it up and play the parts for the album. This caused alot of tension so maybe we should be blaming it and not Yoko?
Anyway, the Abbey Road album is worth listening too from beginning to end on this date forty years later.
Until next week ?
GETOUTOFMYHEAD!

No comments: