Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Return of the Mac and other thoughts.

Hello to all
well after nearly two weeks of hand wringing and kvetching I've repaired my Mac. Now this repair just required a new hard drive which one can pick up for about $70 at Best Buy (which is what I did). However, when your unemployed but getting a smaller weekly paycheck $70 seems like alot of money. Thanks to my friend Matt who helped me with half that amount my G5 Macintosh is running today. Matt is a friend who I met when I worked at Borders and I've known him now for over ten years.
We've been good friends for most of the ten years but there were times when we didn't agree or something was said by either of us (probably me) that caused us to disagree. It was realized in time that the friendship should continue on and it did.
When I met him he seemed like a nice enough guy at the time and I thought that we'd work together and eventually grow apart. But that didn't happen despite the physical distance between us (He's live in Alaska, Florida, Idaho, Maine, New Hampshire, Wyoming) we've gotten close with every phone call, email and visit.
Like alot of people in this world he's a child of divorce and the circumstances in the divorce I won't go into at length but let's just say his parents parting wasn't a pleasant one. Despite this he has a pleasant personality and is probably one of the nicest and most honest hard working person you'd ever want to meet.
So before I get to long winded here lets all stop for a moment and remember those friends who mean alot to you and let them know how much they are appreciated.

No comments: